Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- website experiencing technical difficulties! July 17, 2018There’ve been no more ‘too many connections’ MySQL errors since just before I made the above change, so here’s hoping that’s sorted this for good! \o/@mig5
- How to install Chinese fonts and input method in whonix13 July 17, 2018I’d like to join you and offer help to Chinese people,but I’m lack in confidence with it beacuse I use Whonix(Linux) just weeks and my English is not good,so I’m not competent to do this work well.@openeyestotheworld openeyestotheworld
- VPN causing connection issues with Whonix in VirtualBox July 17, 2018Hi Bam_Bam Could you be more specific when you say the internet connection freezes on Whonix-Workstation. Does Whonix-Workstation freeze up entirely i.e. the screen is frozen and you are not able to use any other application? If this is what is happening it could be a RAM issue. Otherwise, since you are able to connect intermittently with VPN and with no los […]@0brand
- Long Wiki Edits Thread July 16, 2018Revision button should be fixed now!@mig5
- Tor controller GUI (tor-control-panel). Testers wanted. July 16, 2018A batch of commits. Minor: merge “fix lintian warnings” check if run as root author in man page The last one should fix some bigger issues. github.com/troubadoour/tor-control-panel Add repair_torrc.py with additions. Create 95_whonix.conf, 40_tor_control_panel.conf and 50_user.conf here if they do not exist. Set torrc path for whonix and non-whonix distribut […]@troubadour troubadour
- sdwdate-gui for Qubes. Testers wanted (developers welcome) July 16, 2018swdate-gui-qubes depends on tor-control-panel github.com/troubadoour/sdwdate-gui Check if tor-control-panel is installed. If not, do not start tor watcher, set tor status "running", disable tor actions. by troubadoour on 05:49PM - 16 Jul 18 changed 1 files with 10 additions and 4 deletions. […]@troubadour troubadour
- Long Wiki Edits Thread July 16, 2018torjunkie: torjunkie: Please accept all the main ToC changes to reflect this, plus I nitpicked the whole thing, listed it alphabetically, and created new sections where required. Bump @Patrick If you approve all that, it will be much easier to start fixing all the links from the 3 splits. Plus, it improves the main ToC which is too chunky in that section I s […]@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- mediawiki skins July 16, 2018torjunkie: __NOTITLE__ no longer works? That one always was flaky. Could never find an explanation why it works and why when not.@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- mediawiki skins July 16, 2018__NOTITLE__ no longer works?@torjunkie
- Long Wiki Edits Thread July 16, 2018https://phabricator.whonix.org/T141 -> Fixed. Please close.@torjunkie
- Long Wiki Edits Thread July 16, 2018Thanks @0brand - linked all your pics and edited Screenshots accordingly. Pity about success message, I thought it stayed there until closed by user (or it used to). 0brand: wink, nudge, nudge ha ha - I’ll let you work your technical magic and come sniffing later on torjunkie: Please accept all the main ToC changes to reflect this, plus I nitpicked the whole […]@torjunkie
- Missing Libre Illustrative Images July 16, 2018Thanks so much! I’ll check out that image you can’t link correctly.@torjunkie
- Whonix website security rating - "B" (Mozilla Observatory) - Content Security Policy (CSP) July 16, 2018Whatever you are doing is working as the server is running much better than the old days. Seems upgrades etc are beneficial, as .onion is not super flaky anymore.@torjunkie
- Long Wiki Edits Thread July 16, 2018Patrick: Not ready for a call for testers but would appreciate if you could revise the wording. Whonix Qubes/Install/Testing Added to Top of my list along with document multiple Qubes TemplateVMs: Patrick: Advanced security guide: Experiment with these… wink, nudge, nudge @torjunkie@0brand
- Missing Libre Illustrative Images July 16, 2018Hi TNT_BOM_BOM This page could also use am image. Thank you. Whonix Documentation Whonix Documentation. A Crash Course in Anonymity and Security on the Internet.@0brand
- fine tunning whonix gateway+workstation security July 16, 2018Hi viriato200 You can find that in the Whonix wiki. Please note that anonymity is also dependent on modifying behavior while on the internet and it is recommended that users read through the entire wiki Whonix Documentation Whonix Documentation. A Crash Course in Anonymity and Security on the Internet. […]@0brand
- Qubes-Whonix 220.127.116.11.9 TemplateVMs for R3.2 and R4--Testers Wanted! July 16, 2018Making good progress. For now, developers-only since not fully tested yet by me. Call for testing with these new instruction in new thread coming soon. Whonix Qubes/Install/Testing How to install Qubes-Whonix 14.@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix AppArmor Profiles Development Discussion July 16, 2018github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues Issue: enable AppArmor by default opened by adrelanos on 2018-07-16 Technically, add apparmor=1 security=apparmor to kernelopts. qvm-prefs -s vmname kernelopts "nopat apparmor=1 security=apparmor" For Debian templates I don't foresee any issues. For Whonix... […]@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- Long Wiki Edits Thread July 16, 2018Advanced security guide: Experiment with these… github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues Issue: Kernel hardening - change default options opened by marmarek on 2016-06-04 https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-devel/5751F9E4.2070300%40riseup.net vsyscall=none mce=0 Maybe also others from that discussion - will update above list then. C: kernel P: minor enhancement […]@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- Long Wiki Edits Thread July 16, 2018Not ready for a call for testers but would appreciate if you could revise the wording. Whonix Qubes/Install/Testing How to install Qubes-Whonix 14.@Patrick Patrick Schleizer