New Whonix Forum
The new link can also be found on the Support page:
This was necessary, because this forum has a bugs we’re unable to fix in reasonable time:
Old topics may still be discussed in the old forum. Please do not create new topics the old forum. Use the new forum for that.
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Why I prefer PGP/INLINE over PGP/MIME in Thunderbird/Enigmail June 25, 2015Due to the recent Enigmail security issue, where e-mail drafts could end up unencrypted on IMAP servers. (You might wonder, no, Whonix was luckily not affected by this, because the version in Debian wheezy did not have that bug.) In… Read more › The post Why I prefer PGP/INLINE over PGP/MIME in Thunderbird/Enigmail appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 18.104.22.168.0 ) – Release Candidate June 17, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 22.214.171.124.0, which will become Whonix 11 the moment it’s blessed stable. Major changes are port of Whonix from being Debian wheezy (that is Debian oldstable) based to Debian jessie (that now is… Read more › The post Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 126.96.36.199.0 ) – Release Candidate appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Upgrading Whonix 10 to Whonix 11 ( 188.8.131.52.9 ) June 15, 2015Instructions for upgrading Whonix 10 to Whonix 11 are ready. A few more steps are required than the usual steps for upgrading. Check out the instructions: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Upgrading_Whonix_10_to_Whonix_11 Please test and report back. Forum discussion: https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,1304 The post Testers Wanted! Upgrading Whonix 10 to […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 184.108.40.206.3 ) June 5, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 220.127.116.11.3, which will become Whonix 11 the moment it’s blessed stable. Major changes are port of Whonix from being Debian wheezy (that is Debian oldstable) based to Debian jessie (that now is… Read more › The post Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 18.104.22.168.3 ) appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix Host Operating System, Announcing Sponsorship by OTF June 4, 2015A Whonix Host Operating System has been a long standing TODO item that hasn’t made much progress over the years. Providing more usable user interface than VirtualBox, the ability to easily fire up additional VMs, to open potentially dangerous files… Read more › The post Whonix Host Operating System, Announcing Sponsorship by OTF appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix Project looking for Translations Coordinator May 22, 2015Whonix is an anonymous general purpose operating system based on Virtual Box, Debian GNU/Linux and Tor. It has its focus on anonymity, privacy, security and usability. The Whonix project is looking for a volunteer Translations Coordinator. Your task: Join us… Read more › The post Whonix Project looking for Translations Coordinator appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- AppArmor and Whonix May 17, 2015AppArmor (“Application Armor”) for better security. Current status of AppArmor and Whonix: – We do enable apparmor by default for a while now. (https://github.com/Whonix/grub-enable-apparmor) – Therefore The Tor Project’s apparmor profile for Tor is in use on Whonix-Gateway. – We… Read more › The post AppArmor and Whonix appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- If-by-Surveillance May 17, 2015My friends, I had not intended to discuss this controversial subject at this particular time. However, I want you to know that I do not shun controversy. On the contrary, I will take a stand on any issue at any… Read more › The post If-by-Surveillance appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- bounty overview – May 2015 May 12, 2015List of bounties and details: – Build Debian Packages from Source Code – $ 3.000 – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code – implement rads (ram adjusted desktop starter) systemd unit – $ 50 – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/14466761-implement-rads-ram-adjusted-desktop-starter-systemd-unit – make grsecurity kern […]Patrick Schleizer
- qubes-whonix – Whonix on top of Qubes – Looking for Maintainer! May 2, 2015WhonixQubes, the previous maintainer of qubes-whonix unfortunately resigned. qubes-whonix is the combination of Qubes and Whonix. What are the tasks of a maintainer? – answering questions in the forums – keeping the wiki up to date – testing of installation,… Read more › The post qubes-whonix – Whonix on top of Qubes – Looking for Maintainer! appeared first […]Patrick Schleizer