New Whonix Forum
The new link can also be found on the Support page:
This was necessary, because this forum has a bugs we’re unable to fix in reasonable time:
Old topics may still be discussed in the old forum. Please do not create new topics the old forum. Use the new forum for that.
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Tor controller GUI (tor-control-panel). Testers wanted. August 18, 2018Could you please reset whonix-setup-wizard to be auto starting anon-connection-wizard? For first boot the wizard is a bit easier.@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- whonixsetup (CLI) August 18, 2018whonixsetup currently does not work at all, neither disabling nor enabling Tor does anything.@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- Tor controller GUI (tor-control-panel). Testers wanted. August 18, 2018All merged. github.com/Whonix/tor-control-panel fix lintian warning desktop-mime-but-no-exec-code by adrelanos on 04:20PM - 18 Aug 18 changed 1 files with 0 additions and 1 deletions. One bug. To reproduce. sudo systemctl mask tor sudo rm -r /var/run/tor kdesudo tor-control-panel File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/tor_control_panel/tor_control_panel.p […]@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- Long Wiki Edits Thread August 18, 20180brand: 99defaultrelease Nit: How come that file name 99defaultrelease? High number yes but maximum is bad since it can never be overruled. 0brand: APT::Default-Release "stretch" Yes, stretch. 0brand: Note: since electum is not available in the stable repository no target in necessary when insalling i.e. -t buster install electrum . The package is […]@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- whonixsetup (CLI) August 18, 2018Let’s put merging whonixsetup into whonix-setup-wizard on hold so we have separated CLI and GUI packages. //cc @iry These are the 3 occurrences of using tor_status in whonixsetup which causes a dependency on tor-control-panel. github.com Whonix/whonixsetup/blob/master/usr/lib/whonixsetup_/ft_m_1#L83 if [ ! "$exit_code" = "0" ]; then ## Ba […]@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- bug? coyim + tor browser August 18, 2018did anyone else manage to replicate this in virtualbox? on my machine, the fix was more basic and thus i overlooked it. i increased the ram for use by the whonix workstation from 1024 to 2048. now it works fine. if someone else replicates the issue in whonix, please let me know and i will include this as a step in my guide. otherwise, if it was specific to m […]@tempest tempest
- Tor controller GUI (tor-control-panel). Testers wanted. August 18, 2018Desktop file fix. github.com/troubadoour/tor-control-panel tor-control-panel.desktop + Type=Application by troubadoour on 02:28PM - 18 Aug 18 changed 1 files with 1 additions and 0 deletions. Bug fix. github.com/troubadoour/anon-shared-helper-scripts bug fix by troubadoour on 02:54PM - 18 Aug 18 changed 1 files with 1 additions and 1 deletions. […]@troubadour troubadour
- kdesudo error popup window ( sdwdate-gui ) August 18, 2018@Patrick, the error still occurs with the above version.@tempest tempest
- add sub-forums for whonix-i2p August 18, 2018Maybe later when there was an initial release.@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- Increasing anonymity with VPN? Or not? August 18, 2018oxvxyjoq: anon I think VPNs do their job. What it says is to make you anonymous That is hard. But there are people in countries with many restrictions and they use VPN. and help, that your ips do not know anything about their navigation. Journalists, who have to send information should use some type of VPN . If they are not fried@Banrod Broad
- I2P Integration August 18, 2018development needed for Sdwdate to work properly with I2P. As i understand for current Sdwdate its only targeting onion router TCP, though in I2P we have both TCP & UDP garlic router.@TNT_BOM_BOM TNT BOM BOM
- add sub-forums for whonix-i2p August 18, 2018its better to add sub-forums for whonix-i2p issues: in “Support” section in “Development” section as if there is a problem inside whonix but inside whonix-i2p , it will be extreme confusing with usual whonix-Tor. @mig5 @Patrick@TNT_BOM_BOM TNT BOM BOM
- Long Wiki Edits Thread August 18, 2018I’ve been working on instructions that use APT-conf to sort out the dependency problem when installing debian-package electrum 3.1.3 1. In APT-conf create a new file named 99defaultrelease sudo nano /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99defaultrelease Add the following text. APT::Default-Release "stretch" Save and exit. 2 Add the current Debian testing codename bu […]@0brand
- whonix shows older versions of tbb from tbb-downloader August 17, 2018Got a good answer. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/27193#comment:1 Any opinion what is better to parse from a security point of view? json or xml? //cc @iry @troubadour @HulaHoop (We could call a python (or anything) script from tb-updater to do the Tor Browser version file parsing, so don’t have to do it using bash.)@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- onion v3 for whonix website + repo DOWN August 17, 2018The onions are working fine (I’m writing on it) The server is experiencing periodic hardware issues (which are known about with the provider, they are working on a solution). The hardware issue causes CPU lockups which causes Tor, and other things, to go out of whack a bit. An existing Tor v3 onion bug (not our bug, but a bug in Tor, expected to be fixed in […]@mig5
- Tor controller GUI (tor-control-panel). Testers wanted. August 17, 2018In the first un-pushed version, repair_torrc was not depending on tor-control-panel. It’s reverted. github.com/troubadoour/anon-shared-helper-scripts dependency issue remove "import from tor-control-panel" by troubadoour on 08:43PM - 17 Aug 18 changed 1 files with 24 additions and 17 deletions. It makes some code redundant. For the time being, it w […]@troubadour troubadour
- whonix shows older versions of tbb from tbb-downloader August 17, 2018The information comes from https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/RecommendedTBBVersions. Parsing that file is hard since its format changed several times in past. So it was settled “lowest among them” to prevent suggesting alpha/beta versions. But if old versions keep being listed there, parsing gets even harder. Thanks for getting through! Maybe To […]@Patrick Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix 14 has been Released August 17, 2018Great job guys!@hoek Hoek
- onion v3 for whonix website + repo DOWN August 17, 2018@mig5 please fix up all onion v3 links, as all of them are down now. Thank You.@TNT_BOM_BOM TNT BOM BOM