The OpenPGP Web of Trust (Updated Wiki Entry)
If you want to be extra cautious and really authenticate a OpenPGP key in a stronger way than what standard HTTPS offers you, you could use the OpenPGP Web of Trust.
One of the inherent problems of standard HTTPS is that the trust we usually put on a website is defined by certificate authorities: a hierarchical and closed set of companies and governmental institutions approved by web browser vendors. This model of trust has long been criticized and proved several times to be vulnerable to attacks as explained on our warning page.
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Whonix 13 released! May 31, 2016Qubes-Whonix: Either start with fresh templates. I.e. uninstall qubes-template-whonix-gw and qubes-template-whonix-ws. Then, to install, run in dom0: sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-tempates-community qubes-template-whonix-gw qubes-template-whonix-ws Or you can also upgrade from Whonix’s repository. Please refer to the following instructions: https […]Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix 22.214.171.124.1 – Testers Wanted! May 16, 2016Qubes-Whonix: https://www.whonix.org/blog/qubes-whonix-13-0-0-0-7-testers-wanted Non-Qubes-Whonix: https://download.whonix.org/126.96.36.199.1/ You can also upgrade existing installations. For now by upgrading from Whonix’s testers repository. More info: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Upgrading_Whonix_12_to_Whonix_13 Whonix 12 -> 13 changes: https://phabricator.w […]Patrick Schleizer
- Qubes-Whonix 188.8.131.52.7 – Testers Wanted! May 11, 2016Qubes-Whonix only! Either start with fresh templates. I.e. uninstall qubes-template-whonix-gw and qubes-template-whonix-ws. Then, to install, run in dom0: sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-unstable qubes-template-whonix-gw qubes-template-whonix-ws Or you can also upgrade from Whonix testers repository. Please refer to the following instructions: […]Patrick Schleizer
- Qubes OS looking for developers! May 6, 2016The Qubes OS team is looking for several additional team members: Debian template manager stable release manager core developer You can read more in their posting. From my experience working with the Qubes OS team, they are easy to work… Read more › The post Qubes OS looking for developers! appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- most encryption will be broken May 5, 2016In ~10 years Quantum Computers will break todays common asymmetric public-key cryptography algorithms used for web encryption (https), e-mail encryption (gnupg…), ssh and others. See Post-Quantum Cryptography (PQCrypto). The post most encryption will be broken appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- bounty overview – Mai 2016 May 4, 2016Get paid to work on programming tasks! Up to $ 3.000 USD per task. List of bounties and details: – Build Debian Packages from Source Code – $ 3.000 USD – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code – make grsecurity kernel, grsecurity-installer work inside Whonix … Read more › The post bounty overview – Mai 2016 appeare […]Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix on distrowatch April 20, 2016distrowatch.com/whonix First impressions of Whonix Whonix offers bug bounties The post Whonix on distrowatch appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- ‘sudo apt-get install whonix’ Part II April 20, 2016Many packages developed under the Whonix umbrella are independent packages in their own right and should be available to users whether they use Whonix directly or not. Another long term goal is bringing some of Whonix’s major software packages with… Read more › The post ‘sudo apt-get install whonix’ Part II appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- ‘sudo apt-get install whonix’ Part I April 19, 2016The ability to install Whonix meta-packages packages from a repository is currently under heavy development and almost finished. With this announcement we ask that you consider donating to sustain and accelerate progress. How it Works: In two steps a user… Read more › The post ‘sudo apt-get install whonix’ Part I appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- Bounty! $ 3.000 USD – Build Debian Packages from Source Code April 2, 2016Short: Ticket updated, shortened discussion here: https://github.com/Whonix/Whonix/issues/400 On bountysource.com showing the $ 3000 USD bounty (with old lengthy discussion): https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code Long: The old discussion got too lengthy. Since no one was working on the ticket… I restarted the disc […]Patrick Schleizer