Air Gapped OpenPGP Key (New Wiki Entry)
It is recommended to first quickly read this article from top to bottom without taking actions. After you roughly understood how it’s supposed to work, re-read this page and do it step-by-step. Exercise this with test keys first. If that works, consider doing this with your primary keys.
Make backups of your existing GnuPG files ($HOME/.gnupg). Keep them safe. If something goes wrong during the following steps, you may need this to return to a known good place.
You should know how to boot other operating systems than your primary every day operating system from Live DVD and/or other external media such as USB.
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- TorProject Leaflets April 1, 2015For those of you who are introducing Tor for the first time to friends and family, the TorProject has released their official leaflets for advocacy to better explain anonymity technology and its uses. https://blog.torproject.org/blog/spread-word-about-tor The post TorProject Leaflets appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- Major Updates for Qubes + Whonix! March 16, 2015Hello everyone, WhonixQubes here. I wanted to finally update you on some major updates with the Qubes + Whonix platform that have been accomplished over the past few months. TLDR Summary: Qubes + Whonix is the seamless combination of Qubes… Read more › The post Major Updates for Qubes + Whonix! appeared first on Whonix.WhonixQubes
- Poisoned Fruit March 11, 2015https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/03/10/ispy-cia-campaign-steal-apples-secrets/ The classic paper on compilers called “Trusting Trust” sheds light on the most devastating type of attacks in a computing environment. An attacker altering a compiler binary can make it produce malicious versions of every program it compiles, including… Read more › The post […]HulaHoop
- The ‘Libre’ in Libre Software March 10, 2015For those of you using proprietary platforms, powerful privacy tools may be your first encounter with Libre Software. Unlike proprietary software, Libre Software is not some opaque mysterious blackbox, a shrink wrapped “product” or even a development process. Libre Software… Read more › The post The ‘Libre’ in Libre Software appeared first on Whonix. […]HulaHoop
- Whonix KVM is Back! March 10, 2015After a brief hiatus I am retaking up maintenance of KVM Whonix. Feel free to leave comments or raise support concerns in the dedicated sub-forum. The post Whonix KVM is Back! appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- First Bounty! 3.000 $ – Build Debian Packages from Source Code March 2, 2015For Task Details see: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code Bounty too low? How to apply? 1) Go to https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code 2) Click on “Developers” 3) Click on “Get Started” 4) Select Status “Bounty too low” 5) Enter your offer and press “Save”. The bounty […]Patrick Schleizer
- [Solved] – Unmaintained Notice! – Whonix inside KVM – Looking for contributor! February 27, 2015Update: KVM maintainer HulaHoop is back. Since previous Whonix in KVM maintainer HulaHoop was last active on January 04, 2015, it’s safe to assume this person got lost. No idea why HulaHoop went inactive. There was no notice of departure,… Read more › The post [Solved] – Unmaintained Notice! – Whonix inside KVM – Looking for contributor! appeared first on Wh […]Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix Setup Wizard Feedback Required! February 23, 2015troubadour has created Whonix Setup Wizard, that will replace the terminal whonixsetup when running a graphical Whonix-Gateway or Whonix-Workstation. We need your feedback on whether our approach seems usable. Please leave feedback in the forums. Link to forum discussion: https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,974… Read more › The post Whonix Setup Wiz […]Patrick Schleizer
- Contribute! Whonix Development Help Wanted! Check out the open Tasks on our new Issue Tracker! February 9, 2015Migration to our new phabricator bug tracker finished. Thanks to Jason Ayala who did most of the migration work! Whonix Development Help Wanted! Check out the list of all open issues (feature requests and bugs) that we would like seeing… Read more › The post Contribute! Whonix Development Help Wanted! Check out the open Tasks on our new Issue Tracker! appear […]Patrick Schleizer
- Suggest Trustworthy Tor Hidden Services as Time Sources for sdwdate February 6, 2015TLDR: What web servers do you consider trustworthy, to take great care of their visitors’ privacy, that are stable and that get great amounts of traffic, and most important, are reachable over .onion as a Tor Hidden Service? Ideally, we… Read more › The post Suggest Trustworthy Tor Hidden Services as Time Sources for sdwdate appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer