The Whonix team is proud to announce our new secondary .onion domain: http://kkkkkkkkkk63ava6.onion
It should now be easier to remember the domain name. This was a suggestion by anon.
Our old .onion domain will remain available for a while.
(The purpose of the .onion domain is to offer an alternative end-to-end encrypted connection to whonix.org, not to hide the location of the server.)
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Tor Onion Services as Anti-DDoS Protection September 4, 2016The more widely known feature of Onion Services besides anonymity is the free and trustworthy end-to-end encryption they provide which is impossible to have under the Certificate Authority racket. Another interesting property is they can serve as a drop-in Global… Read more › The post Tor Onion Services as Anti-DDoS Protection appeared first on Whonix. […]HulaHoop
- Advanced Deanonymization Attacks August 22, 2016A number of advanced deanonymization attacks. These do not just apply to Whonix, but any anonymity system. Some are also general security issues. Rather than exploiting bugs in the hypervisor to break out, some of these attacks rely on the… Read more › The post Advanced Deanonymization Attacks appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Qubes-Whonix 188.8.131.52.2 TemplateVMs – Testers Wanted! August 5, 2016Qubes-Whonix only! Ideally for this testers wanted task, start fresh. Rename or delete both Whonix VMs sys-whonix and anon-whonix, reinstall whonix-gw and whonix-ws Qubes-Whonix templates. See the following instructions. Note: use qubes-dom0-unstable rather than qubes-templates-community then recreate Whonix VMs. https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/reinstall-templa […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers wanted! Tor, anon-gw-anoynmizer-config and qubes-whonix upgrades August 4, 2016Upgraded packages have been added to Whonix jessie-proposed-updates and testers repository. newer Tor version 0.2.8.6-1~d80.jessie+1 anon-gw-anoynmizer-config 1.9.2 – bugfix newer qubes-whonix version 5.7-1 – It contains various bug fixes to ensure Qubes R3.2 compatibility. If you can, please enable such… Read more › The post Testers wanted! Tor, anon-gw-ano […]Patrick Schleizer
- corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway, a clearnet leak tester July 20, 2016After making the second step, posting how to use corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway with Qubes-Whonix, I will hereby do the first step, posting a general announcement of an interesting third party project, corridor. Please forget about Whonix for… Read more › The post corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway, a clearnet leak tester appeared fir […]Patrick Schleizer
- Using corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway with Qubes-Whonix July 20, 2016corridor is a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway. It is a filtering gateway. Not a proxying gateway. It can also be used as a BridgeFirewall. This is not necessarily more anonymous. It is an additional fail-save Tor traffic whitelisting firewall that… Read more › The post Using corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway with Qubes-Whonix appeared first on Wh […]Patrick Schleizer
- combining Tor with a VPN or proxy can make you less anonymous July 18, 2016Using a VPN, proxy or SSH can can negatively affect anonymity under some circumstances.   To explain why that is, some background information is required so you can draw conclusions and take actions to avoid this risk. See below.… Read more › The post combining Tor with a VPN or proxy can make you less anonymous appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Your MAC Address Randomization attempts are futile! July 7, 2016The following paper explains why. Why MAC Address Randomization is not Enough: An Analysis of Wi-Fi Network Discovery Mechanisms The above interesting paper has been found by HulaHoop and added to Whonix MAC address documentation. The post Your MAC Address Randomization attempts are futile! appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Gathering Feedback of new Whonix Homepage Draft July 4, 2016We have been discussing a new Whonix homepage (old) and new Whonix download page (old) for a while now. The draft has been created by Ego and we are now be counseled by ura design, Elio Qoshi (@elioqoshi) (who has… Read more › The post Gathering Feedback of new Whonix Homepage Draft appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix logo has been refined June 28, 2016We are excited to reveal that our very own Whonix logo has been slightly refined, offering now better support for smaller screens and more mediums. We also have new profile image based on the logo for social media usage. Head… Read more › The post Whonix logo has been refined appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer