The Whonix team is proud to announce our new secondary .onion domain: http://kkkkkkkkkk63ava6.onion
It should now be easier to remember the domain name. This was a suggestion by anon.
Our old .onion domain will remain available for a while.
(The purpose of the .onion domain is to offer an alternative end-to-end encrypted connection to whonix.org, not to hide the location of the server.)
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Whonix Anonymous Operating System Version 11 Released! August 17, 2015Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It’s based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user’s… Read more › The post Whonix Anonymous Operating System Version 11 Released! appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- Security Advisory: Firefox exploit found in the wild August 8, 2015You are advices to set configure the following setting in Tor Browser in Whonix: Edit -> Preferences -> Applications ->Portable Document Format (PDF) -> Save File You are advices to update as soon as updates are available. This blog post… Read more › The post Security Advisory: Firefox exploit found in the wild appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Download Page Changes July 17, 2015The Whonix download page was recently updated to reflect the supported platforms that have been available for some time. Please check it out: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Download#Landing The post Download Page Changes appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- Documentation Updates July 12, 2015The documentation on the wiki saw many changes lately. Thanks to all who contributed. Changelog: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/KVM https://www.whonix.org/wiki/KVM/Installation_Screenshots https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VoIP https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Hidden_Services_Guides https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Hidden_Services#Hidden_Service_Authentication https://www.whon […]HulaHoop
- What’s in a Nym? July 12, 2015I’ve recently taken to documenting and simplifying the steps for using Mixmaster with Nymservers – a setup that allows sending and receiving email pseudonymously without reliance on a service provider. Mixmaster comes with Whonix. Feel free to give it a… Read more › The post What’s in a Nym? appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- The Cold Hard Truth Behind VPNs July 9, 2015The “Virtual” in Virtual Private Networks is just that: “Existing in the mind, especially as a product of the imagination.” There is an entire market of scam artists playing on people’s fears of mass surveillance, and trying to sell them… Read more › The post The Cold Hard Truth Behind VPNs appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- Why I prefer PGP/INLINE over PGP/MIME in Thunderbird/Enigmail June 25, 2015Due to the recent Enigmail security issue, where e-mail drafts could end up unencrypted on IMAP servers. (You might wonder, no, Whonix was luckily not affected by this, because the version in Debian wheezy did not have that bug.) In… Read more › The post Why I prefer PGP/INLINE over PGP/MIME in Thunderbird/Enigmail appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 18.104.22.168.0 ) – Release Candidate June 17, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 22.214.171.124.0, which will become Whonix 11 the moment it’s blessed stable. Major changes are port of Whonix from being Debian wheezy (that is Debian oldstable) based to Debian jessie (that now is… Read more › The post Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 126.96.36.199.0 ) – Release Candidate appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Upgrading Whonix 10 to Whonix 11 ( 188.8.131.52.9 ) June 15, 2015Instructions for upgrading Whonix 10 to Whonix 11 are ready. A few more steps are required than the usual steps for upgrading. Check out the instructions: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Upgrading_Whonix_10_to_Whonix_11 Please test and report back. Forum discussion: https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,1304 The post Testers Wanted! Upgrading Whonix 10 to […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 184.108.40.206.3 ) June 5, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 220.127.116.11.3, which will become Whonix 11 the moment it’s blessed stable. Major changes are port of Whonix from being Debian wheezy (that is Debian oldstable) based to Debian jessie (that now is… Read more › The post Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 18.104.22.168.3 ) appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer