DHCP and Whonix – development discussion
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Testers Wanted! Tor – Stable Upgrades December 3, 2016Tor was updated to 0.2.8.10 in Whonix stable-proposed-updates as well as in testers repository. Instructions for changing Whonix repository: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Whonix-APT-Repository Then just do a update: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Update The post Testers Wanted! Tor – Stable Upgrades appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- accessibility tools could be automatically removed / you probably should remove them November 30, 2016If you do not use any accessibility tools (gnome-orca, espeakup, console-braille, florence, dasher, kdeaccessibility, kvkbd, kmousetool, kmag, kmouth, jovie, xbrlapi, festival, qt-at-sp), you will not miss anything. (You would probably know if you are using them.) Soon, there will be… Read more › The post accessibility tools could be automatically removed / […]Patrick Schleizer
- riseup.net likely compromised November 24, 2016riseup.net is a popular service provider among privacy and activist circles tweeted an obscure reference about birds which likely refers to their warrant canary that hasn’t been renewed since August. listen to the hummingbird, whose wings you cannot see, listen… Read more › The post riseup.net likely compromised appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Tor / whonixcheck Stable Upgrades – Testers Wanted! October 21, 2016Tor was updated to 0.2.8.9-1~d80.jessie+1 and whonixcheck was updated to 3:4.6.4-1 in Whonix stable-proposed-updates as well as in testers repository. Tor 0.2.8.9 is released, with important fixes whonixcheck fixes the /etc/perl/sitecustomize.pl apparmor warning Instructions for chaneing Whonix repository: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Whonix-APT-Repository Th […]Patrick Schleizer
- inchain – insurance from BTC / ETH losses October 18, 2016This is a sponsored blog post. Inchain is a decentralized insurance platform. It is based on Ethereum smart contracts. Digital cash (crypto currencies) such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero come with many advantages over the fiat money system. Banks cannot… Read more › The post inchain – insurance from BTC / ETH losses appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Tor Onion Services as Anti-DDoS Protection September 4, 2016The more widely known feature of Onion Services besides anonymity is the free and trustworthy end-to-end encryption they provide which is impossible to have under the Certificate Authority racket. Another interesting property is they can serve as a drop-in Global… Read more › The post Tor Onion Services as Anti-DDoS Protection appeared first on Whonix. […]HulaHoop
- Advanced Deanonymization Attacks August 22, 2016A number of advanced deanonymization attacks. These do not just apply to Whonix, but any anonymity system. Some are also general security issues. Rather than exploiting bugs in the hypervisor to break out, some of these attacks rely on the… Read more › The post Advanced Deanonymization Attacks appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Qubes-Whonix 188.8.131.52.2 TemplateVMs – Testers Wanted! August 5, 2016Qubes-Whonix only! Ideally for this testers wanted task, start fresh. Rename or delete both Whonix VMs sys-whonix and anon-whonix, reinstall whonix-gw and whonix-ws Qubes-Whonix templates. See the following instructions. Note: use qubes-dom0-unstable rather than qubes-templates-community then recreate Whonix VMs. https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/reinstall-templa […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers wanted! Tor, anon-gw-anoynmizer-config and qubes-whonix upgrades August 4, 2016Upgraded packages have been added to Whonix jessie-proposed-updates and testers repository. newer Tor version 0.2.8.6-1~d80.jessie+1 anon-gw-anoynmizer-config 1.9.2 – bugfix newer qubes-whonix version 5.7-1 – It contains various bug fixes to ensure Qubes R3.2 compatibility. If you can, please enable such… Read more › The post Testers wanted! Tor, anon-gw-ano […]Patrick Schleizer
- corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway, a clearnet leak tester July 20, 2016After making the second step, posting how to use corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway with Qubes-Whonix, I will hereby do the first step, posting a general announcement of an interesting third party project, corridor. Please forget about Whonix for… Read more › The post corridor, a Tor traffic whitelisting gateway, a clearnet leak tester appeared fir […]Patrick Schleizer