Building Whonix from frozen sources, snapshot.debian.org, security discussion
Beginning from Whonix 7.4.0 (not released yet), Whonix’s build script has been adapted to build from snapshot.debian.org instead of from the more popular ftp.us.debian.org. This has pros and cons, which are discussed here:
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Whonix FAQ was updated February 10, 2016https://www.whonix.org/wiki/FAQ The post Whonix FAQ was updated appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Persistent Tor Entry Guard Relays can make you trackable Across Different Physical Locations February 10, 2016https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Warning#Persistent_Tor_Entry_Guard_Relays_can_make_you_trackable_Across_Different_Physical_Locations The post Persistent Tor Entry Guard Relays can make you trackable Across Different Physical Locations appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Tails Installation Assistant – What do you think about it? February 1, 2016Tails (The Amnesic Incognito Live System) has now a Tails Installation Assistant. What do you think about it? Does it improve or worsen usability? I am wondering, if something like that would be useful for Qubes OS to ease download… Read more › The post Tails Installation Assistant – What do you think about it? appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Selected Papers in Anonymity – Anonymity Bibliography – Selected Papers in Anonymity January 28, 2016http://freehaven.net/anonbib The post Selected Papers in Anonymity – Anonymity Bibliography – Selected Papers in Anonymity appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- consolidating Whonix packages January 17, 2016There have been some complaints, that there are too many Whonix packages. Specifically by people auditing or trying to understand Whonix better. I think here is some valid and some invalid criticism. Nowadays seemlingly almost everyone is overworked. Attention spawns… Read more › The post consolidating Whonix packages appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix Signing Key Fingerprint mirrored on Social Media January 6, 2016916B 8D99 C38E AF5E 8ADC 7A2A 8D66 066A 2EEA CCDA Read more › The post Whonix Signing Key Fingerprint mirrored on Social Media appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Want a local backup of Whonix wiki contents? January 6, 2016Public for a long time, yet seemingly not found by anyone. mediawiki markup: https://github.com/Whonix/whonix-wiki-backup mediawiki xml: https://github.com/WhonixBOT/WhonixWikiBackups git clone it. Fork it on github. Ideally keep it current. Test our instructions for replicating whonix.org. https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/Replicating_whonix.org Help creating […]Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix 12 released! December 14, 2015Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It’s based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user’s… Read more › The post Whonix 12 released! appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- New Qubes website! New Whonix homepage? December 8, 2015The new Qubes website is looking great. Check it out! https://www.qubes-os.org It’s a great inspiration. Whonix’s home page also urgently needs a redesign. The post New Qubes website! New Whonix homepage? appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Tor Donation Campaign December 5, 2015The Tor Project is running its first donation campaign ever. I urge our dear users to support them. They are the guardians of the last free space on the web, working tirelessly and passionately to preserve people’s rights and even… Read more › The post Tor Donation Campaign appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop