MAC Spoofing Development
Tails developers are working on MAC spoofing. If you care about this feature which might get used in Whonix some day. At least their thoughts on that topic are very valuable. You may be interested to join their Whonix unspecific development discussion:
[Tails-dev] [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Tor 0.2.9.9-1~d80.jessie+1 Stable Upgrade – Testers Wanted! January 29, 2017Tor was updated to 0.2.9.9-1~d80.jessie+1 in Whonix stable-proposed-updates as well as in testers repository. Instructions for changing Whonix repository: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Whonix-APT-Repository Then just do a update: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Update The post Tor 0.2.9.9-1~d80.jessie+1 Stable Upgrade – Testers Wanted! appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- [Release] Whonix-Installer and UI January 8, 2017Disclaimer: Please remember that Windows is NOT a secure host operating system for a variety of reasons. This Installer was mainly created to make it easy for people to experience Whonix first hand without the requirement of installing an entirely new… Read more › The post [Release] Whonix-Installer and UI appeared first on Whonix.Ego
- Whonix featured on Tor blog December 27, 2016https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-heart-whonix Read about @whonix, based on Tor: https://t.co/dinTGsBqCY Please donate to Tor, at thePatrick Schleizer
- Whonix 126.96.36.199.4 stable upgrade released! December 23, 2016Qubes-Whonix: Either start with fresh templates. I.e. uninstall qubes-template-whonix-gw and qubes-template-whonix-ws. Then, to install, run in dom0: sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-tempates-community qubes-template-whonix-gw qubes-template-whonix-ws Or you can also upgrade from Whonix’s repository. Please refer to the following instructions: https […]Patrick Schleizer
- How to upgrade Debian, Whonix, etc. without being compromised by CVE-2016-1252 December 15, 2016See: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/CVE-2016-1252 The post How to upgrade Debian, Whonix, etc. without being compromised by CVE-2016-1252 appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- Qubes-Whonix DisposableVM documentation created December 15, 2016Before we had just a stub. Now Qubes-Whonix DisposableVMs are fully documented thanks to contributions by the community. (wiki history) What are DisposableVMs? Under the Qubes TemplateVM model, any changes made to a TemplateBasedVM’s root filesystem are lost upon reboot.… Read more › The post Qubes-Whonix DisposableVM documentation created appeared first on […]Patrick Schleizer
- don’t apt-get dist-upgrade for now – wait for workaround – CVE-2016-1252 December 15, 2016Update, see: * https://www.whonix.org/wiki/CVE-2016-1252 * https://forums.whonix.org/t/how-to-upgrade-debian-whonix-etc-without-being-compromised-by-cve-2016-1252 Short: Don’t ‘apt-get dist-upgrade’ for now until a workaround was published We are currently discussing this Debian apt-get security issue. https://forums.whonix.org/t/apt-get-upgrading-security-i […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Tor – Stable Upgrades December 3, 2016Tor was updated to 0.2.8.10 in Whonix stable-proposed-updates as well as in testers repository. Instructions for changing Whonix repository: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Whonix-APT-Repository Then just do a update: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Update The post Testers Wanted! Tor – Stable Upgrades appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- accessibility tools could be automatically removed / you probably should remove them November 30, 2016If you do not use any accessibility tools (gnome-orca, espeakup, console-braille, florence, dasher, kdeaccessibility, kvkbd, kmousetool, kmag, kmouth, jovie, xbrlapi, festival, qt-at-sp), you will not miss anything. (You would probably know if you are using them.) Soon, there will be… Read more › The post accessibility tools could be automatically removed / […]Patrick Schleizer
- riseup.net likely compromised November 24, 2016riseup.net is a popular service provider among privacy and activist circles tweeted an obscure reference about birds which likely refers to their warrant canary that hasn’t been renewed since August. listen to the hummingbird, whose wings you cannot see, listen… Read more › The post riseup.net likely compromised appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer