MAC Spoofing Development
Tails developers are working on MAC spoofing. If you care about this feature which might get used in Whonix some day. At least their thoughts on that topic are very valuable. You may be interested to join their Whonix unspecific development discussion:
[Tails-dev] [RFC] Design (and prototype) for MAC spoofing in Tails
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Whonix Anonymous Operating System Version 10 Released! April 27, 2015Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It’s based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user’s… Read more › The post Whonix Anonymous Operating System Version 10 Released! appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- Pre-Release Audit of qubes-whonix 10.0.2-1 April 24, 2015This announcement is pertaining to the Qubes + Whonix project for those interested in running Whonix on top of Qubes. We have a newly developed and proposed version (10.0.2-1) of the “qubes-whonix” package, which is the primary module that allows… Read more › The post Pre-Release Audit of qubes-whonix 10.0.2-1 appeared first on Whonix.WhonixQubes
- Release Candidate! Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( 10.0.0.5.5 ) April 19, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 10.0.0.5.5, which will become Whonix 10 the moment it’s blessed stable. Download link for Virtual Box images (.ova), experimental kvm / qemu / Qubes images and OpenPGP signatures (.asc): http://mirror.whonix.de/10.0.0.5.5/ Upgrading Whonix… Read more › The post Release Candidate! Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( 10.0.0.5.0 ) April 9, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 10.0.0.5.0, which will become Whonix 10 the moment it’s blessed stable. Download link for Virtual Box images (.ova), experimental kvm /qemu / Qubes images and OpenPGP signatures (.asc): http://mirror.whonix.de/10.0.0.5.0/ Upgrading Whonix 9… Read more › The post Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( 10.0.0.5.0 ) appe […]Patrick Schleizer
- towards a somewhat soon release of Whonix 10, postposting jessie/systemd support April 3, 2015For several reasons… 1) The TODO list for the release of Whonix 10 is getting smaller: https://phabricator.whonix.org/maniphest/?statuses=open&allProjects=PHID-PROJ-azftsdqyk3mbrlzazoc6#R 2) Since the changelog for Whonix 10 is quite long already (https://www.whonix.org/blog/?p=1093&preview=1&_ppp=095bea96f1)… 3) And because of “release early, re […]Patrick Schleizer
- Can’t start Tor Browser in Whonix? April 3, 2015Please ‘stay tuned‘, because you missed an important news: Bug: Tor Browser Alpha rather than Tor Browser Stable being installed by Tor Browser Updater (AnonDist) If you want to start the alpha anyhow, which is recommended against (rather get the… Read more › The post Can’t start Tor Browser in Whonix? appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- gpg-bash-lib – gpg file verification bash library – first public release announcement – 0.5-1 April 2, 2015gpg-bash-lib is a gpg file verification bash library, addresses comprehensive threat model, that covers file name tampering, indefinite freeze, rollback, endless data attacks, etc. https://github.com/Whonix/gpg-bash-lib Why? Writing bash scripts that do file verification using gpg that really is secure and… Read more › The post gpg-bash-lib – gpg file verifi […]Patrick Schleizer
- TorProject Leaflets April 1, 2015For those of you who are introducing Tor for the first time to friends and family, the TorProject has released their official leaflets for advocacy to better explain anonymity technology and its uses. https://blog.torproject.org/blog/spread-word-about-tor The post TorProject Leaflets appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- Major Updates for Qubes + Whonix! March 16, 2015Hello everyone, WhonixQubes here. 😀 I wanted to finally update you on some major updates with the Qubes + Whonix platform that have been accomplished over the past few months. TLDR Summary: Qubes + Whonix is the seamless combination of… Read more › The post Major Updates for Qubes + Whonix! appeared first on Whonix.WhonixQubes
- Poisoned Fruit March 11, 2015https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/03/10/ispy-cia-campaign-steal-apples-secrets/ The classic paper on compilers called “Trusting Trust” sheds light on the most devastating type of attacks in a computing environment. An attacker altering a compiler binary can make it produce malicious versions of every program it compiles, including… Read more › The post […]HulaHoop