New technical documentation about OpenPGP keys in Whonix
Ever wanted to know what the whonix_shared/usr/share/whonix/keys/ folder is about? See:
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Whonix on distrowatch April 20, 2016distrowatch.com/whonix First impressions of Whonix Whonix offers bug bounties The post Whonix on distrowatch appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- ‘sudo apt-get install whonix’ Part II April 20, 2016Many packages developed under the Whonix umbrella are independent packages in their own right and should be available to users whether they use Whonix directly or not. Another long term goal is bringing some of Whonix’s major software packages with… Read more › The post ‘sudo apt-get install whonix’ Part II appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- ‘sudo apt-get install whonix’ Part I April 19, 2016The ability to install Whonix meta-packages packages from a repository is currently under heavy development and almost finished. With this announcement we ask that you consider donating to sustain and accelerate progress. How it Works: In two steps a user… Read more › The post ‘sudo apt-get install whonix’ Part I appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- Bounty! $ 3.000 USD – Build Debian Packages from Source Code April 2, 2016Short: Ticket updated, shortened discussion here: https://github.com/Whonix/Whonix/issues/400 On bountysource.com showing the $ 3000 USD bounty (with old lengthy discussion): https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code Long: The old discussion got too lengthy. Since no one was working on the ticket… I restarted the disc […]Patrick Schleizer
- bounty overview – April 2016 April 2, 2016Get paid to work on programming tasks! Up to $ 3.000 USD per task. List of bounties and details: – Build Debian Packages from Source Code – $ 3.000 USD – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code – make grsecurity kernel, grsecurity-installer work inside Whonix … Read more › The post bounty overview – April 2016 appea […]Patrick Schleizer
- Biometric Fingerprinting, Mass Surveillance and You March 16, 2016Tracking techniques have become more sophisticated with time. They advanced from simple cookies to browser/device fingerprinting (which Tor Browser focuses on defeating) to user behavior fingerprinting. The latter is about profiling how a user types on a keyboard or uses… Read more › The post Biometric Fingerprinting, Mass Surveillance and You appeared first […]HulaHoop
- Hardware Endorsed by the FSF March 15, 2016The Free Software Foundation endorses hardware that is Libre software friendly and respects your freedom and privacy. Take a look and consider supporting the OEMs behind these great projects: https://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom The post Hardware Endorsed by the FSF appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- audit if torbrowser-launcher GnuPG signature verification bypass attack applies to Whonix or other projects March 15, 2016Issue of torbrowser-launcher using gpg command line. [or call it an issue of the gnupg interface and its difficulty using it inside scripts, unfinished python gpg libraries etc.] https://github.com/micahflee/torbrowser-launcher/issues/229 Whonix consistently uses gpg-bash-lib. I’ve checked, that it is not affected… Read more › The post audit if torbrowser-la […]Patrick Schleizer
- whonix.org apt repository – testers wanted! March 14, 2016Now hosted on whonix.org rather than volunteer mirror network. Should be more reliable. This is what we will be using in Whonix 13. sudo whonix_repository --baseuri http://www.whonix.org/download/whonixdevelopermetafiles/internal/ --repository stable --enable Feel free to experiment with TLS. sudo whonix_repository --baseuri https://www.whonix.org/download/w […]Patrick Schleizer
- Looking for firejail / seccomp maintainer for better security! March 11, 2016firejail is a sandbox to restrict the application environment. Please contribute. Task: play around with firejail in Whoinx see how it goes report (and possibly fix) issues upstream in firejail test the Tor Browser firejail profile, consider packaging it maintain… Read more › The post Looking for firejail / seccomp maintainer for better security! appeared fi […]Patrick Schleizer