Whonix 7.3.7 Source-Code-Only no download Version Released! Testers Wanted!
The original Whonix 7 source code can be no longer build, because several packages have been removed from Debian Testing’s and Torproject’s apt repository. This version is intended for those who want to build from source code. The build script has been fixed.
Users of the Whonix 7 Default-Download-Version do not have to do anything yet.
To make the build script more resistant against changes in upstream apt repositories, it is planned to build from frozen repositories, i.e. from snapshot.debian.org.
* Fixed physical isolation build script.
* (Temporarily) removed galternatives from Whonix-Workstation because it has been (temporarily) removed from Debian.
* Whonix APT Repository disabled with default settings for physical isolation users.
* Whonix APT Repository disabled with default settings for builders from source code.
* Added new optional /etc/whonix_buildconfig.d folder.
* Added new optional Terminal-Only build configuration.
* Added new optional NoDefaultApps build configuration.
* Fixed build script (because torsocks and tor-arm have been apparently removed from torproject’s apt repository, because apt-cacher-ng and galternatives has been (temporarily) removed from Debian Testing). * Reduced steps required for an optional installation of TorChat. * Set default $LANG and locale to en_US.UTF-8.
* Lots of other improvements and bug fixes which can be found under the git log.
* If you want to use the whonix_repository GUI tool on
Whonix-Workstation, you need to install the dialog package.