New Pre Install Advice Chapter: Firmware Updates
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Whonix Project looking for Translations Coordinator May 22, 2015Whonix is an anonymous general purpose operating system based on Virtual Box, Debian GNU/Linux and Tor. It has its focus on anonymity, privacy, security and usability. The Whonix project is looking for a volunteer Translations Coordinator. Your task: Join us… Read more › The post Whonix Project looking for Translations Coordinator appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- AppArmor and Whonix May 17, 2015AppArmor (“Application Armor”) for better security. Current status of AppArmor and Whonix: – We do enable apparmor by default for a while now. (https://github.com/Whonix/grub-enable-apparmor) – Therefore The Tor Project’s apparmor profile for Tor is in use on Whonix-Gateway. – We… Read more › The post AppArmor and Whonix appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- If-by-Surveillance May 17, 2015My friends, I had not intended to discuss this controversial subject at this particular time. However, I want you to know that I do not shun controversy. On the contrary, I will take a stand on any issue at any… Read more › The post If-by-Surveillance appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- bounty overview – May 2015 May 12, 2015List of bounties and details: – Build Debian Packages from Source Code – $ 3.000 – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/9115540-build-debian-packages-from-source-code – implement rads (ram adjusted desktop starter) systemd unit – $ 50 – https://www.bountysource.com/issues/14466761-implement-rads-ram-adjusted-desktop-starter-systemd-unit – make grsecurity kern […]Patrick Schleizer
- qubes-whonix – Whonix on top of Qubes – Looking for Maintainer! May 2, 2015WhonixQubes, the previous maintainer of qubes-whonix unfortunately resigned. qubes-whonix is the combination of Qubes and Whonix. What are the tasks of a maintainer? – answering questions in the forums – keeping the wiki up to date – testing of installation,… Read more › The post qubes-whonix – Whonix on top of Qubes – Looking for Maintainer! appeared first […]Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix Anonymous Operating System Version 10 Released! April 27, 2015Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It’s based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user’s… Read more › The post Whonix Anonymous Operating System Version 10 Released! appeared first on Whonix. […]Patrick Schleizer
- Pre-Release Audit of qubes-whonix 10.0.2-1 April 24, 2015This announcement is pertaining to the Qubes + Whonix project for those interested in running Whonix on top of Qubes. We have a newly developed and proposed version (10.0.2-1) of the “qubes-whonix” package, which is the primary module that allows… Read more › The post Pre-Release Audit of qubes-whonix 10.0.2-1 appeared first on Whonix.WhonixQubes
- Release Candidate! Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( 10.0.0.5.5 ) April 19, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 10.0.0.5.5, which will become Whonix 10 the moment it’s blessed stable. Download link for Virtual Box images (.ova), experimental kvm / qemu / Qubes images and OpenPGP signatures (.asc): http://mirror.whonix.de/10.0.0.5.5/ Upgrading Whonix… Read more › The post Release Candidate! Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( […]Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( 10.0.0.5.0 ) April 9, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 10.0.0.5.0, which will become Whonix 10 the moment it’s blessed stable. Download link for Virtual Box images (.ova), experimental kvm /qemu / Qubes images and OpenPGP signatures (.asc): http://mirror.whonix.de/10.0.0.5.0/ Upgrading Whonix 9… Read more › The post Testers Wanted! Whonix 10 ( 10.0.0.5.0 ) appe […]Patrick Schleizer
- towards a somewhat soon release of Whonix 10, postposting jessie/systemd support April 3, 2015For several reasons… 1) The TODO list for the release of Whonix 10 is getting smaller: https://phabricator.whonix.org/maniphest/?statuses=open&allProjects=PHID-PROJ-azftsdqyk3mbrlzazoc6#R 2) Since the changelog for Whonix 10 is quite long already (https://www.whonix.org/blog/?p=1093&preview=1&_ppp=095bea96f1)… 3) And because of “release early, re […]Patrick Schleizer