Two new chapters in Pre Install Advice you should read
Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Download Page Changes July 17, 2015The Whonix download page was recently updated to reflect the supported platforms that have been available for some time. Please check it out: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Download#LandingHulaHoop
- Documentation Updates July 12, 2015The documentation on the wiki saw many changes lately. Thanks to all who contributed. Changelog: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/KVM https://www.whonix.org/wiki/KVM/Installation_Screenshots https://www.whonix.org/wiki/VoIP https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Hidden_Services_Guides https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Hidden_Services#Hidden_Service_Authentication https://www.whon […]HulaHoop
- What’s in a Nym? July 12, 2015I’ve recently taken to documenting and simplifying the steps for using Mixmaster with Nymservers – a setup that allows sending and receiving email pseudonymously without reliance on a service provider. Mixmaster comes with Whonix. Feel free to give it a…Read more ›HulaHoop
- The Cold Hard Truth Behind VPNs July 9, 2015The “Virtual” in Virtual Private Networks is just that: “Existing in the mind, especially as a product of the imagination.” There is an entire market of scam artists playing on people’s fears of mass surveillance, and trying to sell them…Read more ›HulaHoop
- Why I prefer PGP/INLINE over PGP/MIME in Thunderbird/Enigmail June 25, 2015Due to the recent Enigmail security issue, where e-mail drafts could end up unencrypted on IMAP servers. (You might wonder, no, Whonix was luckily not affected by this, because the version in Debian wheezy did not have that bug.) In…Read more ›Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 184.108.40.206.0 ) – Release Candidate June 17, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 220.127.116.11.0, which will become Whonix 11 the moment it’s blessed stable. Major changes are port of Whonix from being Debian wheezy (that is Debian oldstable) based to Debian jessie (that now is…Read more ›Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Upgrading Whonix 10 to Whonix 11 ( 18.104.22.168.9 ) June 15, 2015Instructions for upgrading Whonix 10 to Whonix 11 are ready. A few more steps are required than the usual steps for upgrading. Check out the instructions: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Upgrading_Whonix_10_to_Whonix_11 Please test and report back. Forum discussion: https://www.whonix.org/forum/index.php/topic,1304Patrick Schleizer
- Testers Wanted! Whonix 11 ( 22.214.171.124.3 ) June 5, 2015The version number for this testers-only release is 126.96.36.199.3, which will become Whonix 11 the moment it’s blessed stable. Major changes are port of Whonix from being Debian wheezy (that is Debian oldstable) based to Debian jessie (that now is…Read more ›Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix Host Operating System, Announcing Sponsorship by OTF June 4, 2015A Whonix Host Operating System has been a long standing TODO item that hasn’t made much progress over the years. Providing more usable user interface than VirtualBox, the ability to easily fire up additional VMs, to open potentially dangerous files…Read more ›Patrick Schleizer
- Whonix Project looking for Translations Coordinator May 22, 2015Whonix is an anonymous general purpose operating system based on Virtual Box, Debian GNU/Linux and Tor. It has its focus on anonymity, privacy, security and usability. The Whonix project is looking for a volunteer Translations Coordinator. Your task: Join us…Read more ›Patrick Schleizer