Would you like to contribute to the Whonix project?
Contributing can be as easy as sharing the blog over social media, volentering, or making a monitary donation.
For more ideas on how to get involved see the Contribute wiki page or click on the "Contribute" tag to see where volenteers are most needed.
- Whonix Livestream 17.June.2017 – Let’s talk Reality Winner June 21, 2017I’ve just wrapped up the third monthly Patreon Live Stream. This time I covered the Reality Winner leaks, what kind of mistakes were done by the Intercept as well as her and why these leaks are going to have a… Read more › The post Whonix Livestream 17.June.2017 – Let’s talk Reality Winner appeared first on Whonix.Ego
- In Defense of The Intercept on the Reality Winner Case June 9, 2017All of the blame has unfairly been put on The Intercept for Reality Winner’s arrest to paint them as incompetent and scare away potential whistle-blowers. While yellow printer dots are one of the ways to trace the document to the… Read more › The post In Defense of The Intercept on the Reality Winner Case appeared first on Whonix.HulaHoop
- Listen Port Convention May 30, 2017Server applications using Tor ephemeral onion services such as ricochet-im, onionshare, ZeroNet and unMessage usually listen on localhost only, as Tor usually runs on the same system and is able to map them. However, due to Whonix’s split design, Tor… Read more › The post Listen Port Convention appeared first on Whonix.dau
- 2nd Patreon Stream Now Public – Let’s talk Quantum May 12, 2017I’ve just wrapped up the second monthly Patreon Live Stream, this time sadly without Patrick, due to an error on my part. This time I covered quantum computing, its threats for current encryption and verification standards and what it is… Read more › The post 2nd Patreon Stream Now Public – Let’s talk Quantum appeared first on Whonix.Ego
- Beyond #Grsecurity: The Future of Linux security is Brighter than Ever May 3, 2017Those of us following security news have heard about grsec’s decision by now. If you are a current grsec sponsor reading this who doesn’t like their de-facto violation of kernel code licensing, I urge you to privately leak updated versions… Read more › The post Beyond #Grsecurity: The Future of Linux security is Brighter than Ever appeared first on Whonix. […]HulaHoop
- BOUNTY – easy aeternity wiki editing bounty May 3, 2017This is a sponsored blog post. In total there are 1000 ETH bounty to be shared. a) 500 ETH will be shared among all wiki editors You can easily get ETH by contributing to the wiki of aeternity. Even the… Read more › The post BOUNTY – easy aeternity wiki editing bounty appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer
- MAC Address Randomization: Not as Random as You Think April 25, 2017MAC Address Randomization: Not as Random as You Think For privacy-minded individuals, randomization of Media Access Control (MAC) addresses for Wi-Fi networks and mobile devices has long been touted as a standard defensive technique. However, recent research  suggests that… Read more › The post MAC Address Randomization: Not as Random as You Think appeare […]torjunkie
- Livestream NOW! April 14, 2017Patrick and I are going stream ourselves NOW under this address: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh6htf3E721zcvahGLxFl9w/live If you’d like to join us, we’d be very grateful. Furthermore, this will be our first Patreon Stream. If you want to support us on Patreon, click here.… Read more › The post Livestream NOW! appeared first on Whonix.Ego
- Public Livestream on 14th of April at 8PM CEST and Patreon April 8, 2017Whonix is a project which requires a lot of dedication, passion and time to be properly maintained. Especially Patrick has sacrificed a huge part of his live to making a fail-safe way to use Tor accessible to as many people… Read more › The post Public Livestream on 14th of April at 8PM CEST and Patreon appeared first on Whonix.Ego
- Tor 0.2.9.10-1~d80.jessie+1 Stable Upgrade – Testers Wanted! March 7, 2017Updated Tor was uploaded to Whonix stable-proposed-updates as well as to testers repository. Instructions for changing Whonix repository: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Whonix-APT-Repository Then just do a update: https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Update The post Tor 0.2.9.10-1~d80.jessie+1 Stable Upgrade – Testers Wanted! appeared first on Whonix.Patrick Schleizer